Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rockin' and Rollin' in Georgetown, SC

I'm tied to a dock in Georgetown Landing Marina but still exposed to the 25+ knots of wind and rough seas blowing up tonight (Sunday, 11/30). I added several dock lines to the boat but still probably won't get much sleep as the boat is bouncing like crazy and the wind is howling. Stopped here today to do laundry and dry out from the last two days of rain. I'm at Mile Marker 403 (33 deg 21.9' N, 79 16' W) and close to the half way point from DealeMD to Key West. I may try to make Charleston tomorrow but it is 50+ miles and the wind is still predicted to be out of the SW at 20 to 25 knots.

I've posted some new pictures in the "pics" section of the website. There are many gorgeous mansions in this section of the ICW, each one bigger and fancier than the last. I don't know who all these rich people are (and why I don't know any of them!) but there are lots of them around. I also met another rich New Yorker last night who is taking his cruiser down to his second home in Key West. He has picked up 3 guys along the way as hired crew and he is treating them well, buying food and drinks as well as paying them. I will definitely look him up when I get to Key West!

1 comment:

S.V. Bristol Rose said...

Hi Dave, we got to Georgetown yeasterday. Very quite and still now. We also got pinned down with the last storm in Southport. Could not get off the fuel dock for 2 days. Next stop Charlestown