Saturday, December 27, 2008

Time to Move Again

I have been in Ft. Myers Florida for a week now and had a great time visiting my dad, step mom, uncle and some old friends but I am now itching to move on. Actually, I have been in a slip at Burnt Store Marina in Punta Gorda. Tomorrow (Sunday) I plan to head down the southwest coast of Florida to the Florida Keys. I will likely make stops in Estero Island, Naples and Marco Island. There is no more ICW "magenta line" to follow from here on out and I will be out on the ocean (actually Gulf of Mexico).

After the Keys, then I'll probably head up towards Miami before setting out across the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas. That's as far as my (even vague) plans go. I did buy a SPOT messenger which will allow me send to an email with my GPS location from anywhere. A few people will be receiving this periodic email but I don't know how often I will be able to update my blog. I'm not sure how much cell or WiFi service I will have in the islands.

Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,

Following your travels via your website. Sure sounds like a lot of fun! We are vacationing in the Dominican Republic over Xmas, however your permanent vacation would be much preferred.... Happy New Year! Enjoy the Keys and stay in touch! Susanne

Unknown said...

Glad your Holidays have been relaxing with family and friends, even if you have been stuck ashore for so long! Enjoying every post with a yearning to follow; alas, there just isn't enough ice to allow me to skate somewhere warm. Hope the Keys and beyond continue to treat you well!!