Monday, April 7, 2014

1000 miles - Day 11

Today we passed the 1000 mile mark. Still doing better than 100 miles per day and now only about 450 miles from our intermediate waypoint of 5N 125W. Current position is 10 deg 40' N, 119 deg 36' W (smack dab in the middle of nowhere). This ocean just goes on and on forever and ever and I'm not even half way to the Marquesas! The total distance to Marquesas from PV is 2800 miles, then there is another 4000 miles or so still to go to Australia.

All is well on board. Cooked a nice meal of carne asada fajitas today. Cooking is quite the challenge, this morning I spilled ground coffee all over the galley and it took me hours to get it all cleaned up (but I did finally get my two cups of Joe!) The boat is still rolling through +/- 25 degrees or more with a period of about 5 seconds. The wind is still in the 18 - 20 knot range so I haven't taken the second reef out of the main yet. We are still wing and wing and I have not adjusted HAL or the sails in two days! It's getting harder and harder to make good connections with SailMail; it seems to work best early morning or late at night.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: