Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Equator - Day 20

Starshine is in the Southern Hemisphere and I am a shellback! We crossed over at 14:15 Zulu (8:15 AM local?). King Neptune and I shared a toast with some good 18-year old scotch! Man, that will really open your eyes early in the morning.

I finally had to turn on the motor this morning as the wind has been very light and I needed to run the watermaker (it needs to run every 4 or 5 days to keep the membrane clear). My last four 24 hour runs were only: 76, 86, 85 and 75 miles. Before that we were averaging a little over 100 miles per day. Ever since I got through the ITCZ (about 3 days ago) the wind has been light from the East. Hopefully it will pick up in the Southern trades here shortly.

I am about 950 miles from Hiva Oa. Hopefully, we can get there in 8 to 10 days but if the wind stays light it will be a little longer. At least I should get there before Gail on the 30th.

Cheers!

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GenealogiesBe safe my friend. Wish I was with you!